Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Slow Motion...

Don't get too excited.  I know seeing two posts this close together isn't the norm anymore, but I'm 100% caught up at work and now I'm bored.  Sooooo, write I will.

Here's a little glimpse into our chaotic life:

I told you that the girls and I moved in with Dumpling.  What I left out was that he doesn't sleep...very often or very soundly.  ANYTHING wakes him up...a fleck of dust floating through the air could be the culprit.  So needless to say, we don't sleep in the same bed.  I snore.  I grind my teeth.  I BREATHE!!!  

Our little cabin in the woods...is only a 3 bedroom.  Being the gentleman that he is, he gave up his bedroom.  He's been sleeping on the couch for months now.  I have offered time and time again to give up the bed and he has repeatedly turned me down.  Well, he finally admitted that the couch is doing a number on his back.  

Solution: I will sleep with Beelay and he will move back into our bedroom.  For those of you that have been around for the past almost 15 years, you know that Beelay slept with me until she was 5 years old...and didn't give up that arrangement without an over abundance of kicking, screaming and crying.  And don't think for a second that she has ever passed up the opportunity to sneak into my bed given the chance over the past 10 years.  So I'm guessing she's thinking "SCORE!! I WIN!!!"

Here's the downside: I get up to pee a couple of times a night.  The past few nights, I've been like a blind person that's been dropped in a war zone.  Downstairs, I know my way to the potty without turning on lights.  Move me upstairs and it's like walking through a minefield in order to relieve my bladder.  Last night I finally thought to grab my phone and use it as a flashlight. **I just added nightlights to my shopping list!!

Yesterday morning I got up the first, ok maybe the second time my alarm went off, to go snuggle with Dumpling before we HAD to get up.  <---Do NOT read more into that, because if you didn't know, log homes have ZERO privacy and EVERYONE HEARS EVERYTHING!!!  Back to the topic at hand, the first step is shorter than a normal step.  In my sleepy slumber, I forgot.  For half a millisecond, I saw my life flash before my eyes AGAIN!!  I had flashbacks of my tumble almost 3 1/2 years ago that landed me on my back...for weeks and the continued back pain I still struggle with.  After that half a millisecond, I managed to bypass the anxiety attack that tried to follow.  I padded on into my bedroom and instead of being greeted with comfort, Dumpling LAUGHED at me!!!  ASSHOLE!!    

My back is seizing up just thinking about it again!!

Guess I should add that you can follow me on Facebook here, if you wanna keep up with my disasters as they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment